Sunday, July 4, 2010

Writing marathon – an update!

Ever have one of those fuzzy days when things do not seem as clear as they should be? When you get up and you teeter-totter because the world looks a little off-balanced? Like, maybe there was a giant earthquake during the night and you didn’t know it but had dreamed you were on a tiny raft in the ocean during a rocking storm? Well, thinking about this writing marathon I realized my intent is good, by my organization is a little scattered!

From now on, all word count for the week ends at 11:59 p.m. on Saturdays, but the postings will take place the next day. I will post the following week’s goal on my blog as well. (I originally stated that I will post my word count before 11 p.m., which is before the ending time.)

Have a good 4th of July! If you can do it, try writing a little today to keep those juices flowing. Maybe you won’t be able to write the minimum 815 words today, but a page or two might not be too bad. Actually, I can’t wait to get back to my writing! I want to know what happens in the next chapter! lol, Linda

P.S.  The book shown here is one in which I started using years ago, in fact, as you can see, it doesn't cost much now to purchase it.  But it's a good instructional book on writing for beginners.

2 comments:

  1. No excuse I know, but we are visiting my mom's first great grandchild. We got here the first and are out of town, so my numbers are wayyyy down. Only 2,000. But we go home tomorrow and I am going to catch up during the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fine. It was a hard first week for me as well, trying to figure out what to write about! But I know it will get easier this week as we build onto these ongoing stories. - Linda

    ReplyDelete